ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fired up the car for the first time in 3 weeks lately its been making this noise (been like this since last winter) i did the timing belt myself about 1500 miles ago. Bought the kit from Coz, any idea whats making this sound? Thanks for the help, i'm going to be having the timing covers off in the next month or so so now would be a good time to fix this noise. I DO NOT know how to put a video on here, any ideas would be GREAT! I signed up to putfile but it takes forever to load. Its only a 20 sec video.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I thought the 120K kit was the one that included the idler pulleys. I'll look...

Yep. No idler pulleys with the 60K kit.

Post Edited (Jan 13, 5:21pm)

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea so maybe i should replace those? i figured i wouldn't need it being at 94,000miles, thats right i did it at 94,000miles not 1500 ago, i forgot. So actually i've put alot more miles on it then i thought. I will dig into it more this week and see what i see, maybe the belt is too tight? i'll replace the pulleys anyway just to be sure. I'll snap a picture of the settings on the tensioner to see if its too tight or not.

Post Edited (Jan 13, 5:40pm)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.