ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, my car has been idling very high. Usually it would be at around 800rpm and now it's above 1000rpm sometimes close to 2000rpm. I checked the car today and noticed that the little metal piece never hits the bolt after I give it gas. It stays up and that's why it idles high (pic 1). I push the metal piece down and it idles normal again (pic 2), but once I give it gas, it won't go all the way down anymore and idles high. Does anyone know how I can fix the problem? Oh yeah, I also noticed that some parts seemed to be broken/cracked. Are they suppose to be like this? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You need to clean out the inside of your throttle bodies. Carbon builds up on the throttle plate openings and causes them to not close properly. Take off the intake hoses and you can use some carburetor cleaner, tooth brush and rags to clean them out. Just open the throttle plates up and you should be able to get to most of the crud. That should solve your sticking throttle problem.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Use "throttle body cleaner", although if your careful carburetor cleaner works you could damage the tps sensor with it. Throttle body cleaner is sensor safe.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MaxDoc, so is that normal? I kind of thought it was weird cause only my driver side is like that. Can someone check theirs out? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.