ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my T04/T3 today!!! I also have a starion intercooler bolted up and ready. They are going on my 83ZXT. My question is how much boost do you think I can run on the stock fuel system/ecu. P.S. I did also get a high output fuel pump. Please help Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can run about 13psi on the stock system provided that everything is in perfect condition. With an injector, pump, and regulator upgrade, you can run a lot more. However, the air flow meter will hamper any real performance. I have run up to 18psi on my stock system with the above upgrades and stock t3, but it didn't really pull any harder than it does at 13psi. If you go to a DFI, you will be able to run about 18 to 20 psi safely, provided that the engine is in good condition. That's when you'll see the big hp #'s. Good luck and have fun!!!

Ian

·
Registered
256 Posts
What Ian says if perfectly right but remember that is without any fuel pressure regulator other than the factory unit.
The best tuneable referenced fuel pressure regulator is the one from Bell Engineering which can be tuned to rise fuel presure 1:1, 1:2 1:3 and so on (boost pressure change : fuel pressure change)
With a fuel pressure regulator and the stock EFI I've been able to run 15 psi with no detonation (of course you have to use 91+ octane gas)
And yes I DO feel difference untill there.

AHHh I forgot a little VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL!!!!!
You will not have the stock turbo!
haw important is that?
The bigger turbo flows a lot more air than the factory unit so 15psi on the T3 will cause flows nearly of the same qty of 12 psi on the T4.

What happens is that you will have to regulate the FLOW (I didnt say pressure) to an amount your EFI and injectors and fuel pressure regulator can deal. So there has to be some calculations.

BTW what trim is the compresor? that can help on determining the #'s

Also consider an Additional injector controller (made bt SDS, HKS, Greddy an some others) or an aftermarket EFI ($1200 + expense)

Have a nice day

CarlosZXT

> I just got my T04/T3 today!!! I also have a
> starion intercooler bolted up and ready.
> They are going on my 83ZXT. My question is
> how much boost do you think I can run on the
> stock fuel system/ecu. P.S. I did also get a
> high output fuel pump. Please help Thanks

> Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.