ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still pursuing my goal of a homebrew, speed density fuel injection system. I've got a guy who'll do the programming so I need to find a suitable ecu/system
(Buick GN would be nice but probably a few bucks). I'll need an eprom eraser and an eprom burner. What type of programming language does gm use? Can I use any distributerless 6 cyl ecu, and wire it into my system? Does the ecu have to come from
approximately the same displacement engine? Can I program ignition retard into the system? I need a place to start, and some suggestions as to what ecu to use.
Bernard

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
> I'm still pursuing my goal of a homebrew,
> speed density fuel injection system. I've
> got a guy who'll do the programming so I
> need to find a suitable ecu/system
> (Buick GN would be nice but probably a few
> bucks). I'll need an eprom eraser and an
> eprom burner. What type of programming
> language does gm use? Can I use any
> distributerless 6 cyl ecu, and wire it into
> my system? Does the ecu have to come from
> approximately the same displacement engine?
> Can I program ignition retard into the
> system? I need a place to start, and some
> suggestions as to what ecu to use.
> Bernard

everything you asked is possible. Go to the do it yourself page and subscribe to the mailing list. I think I already gave you that address? On the buick ecm, they are nice because they are sequential and have the ability to control a wastegate as well as knock retard. They have to use a MAF instead of the MAP sensor you want. The ECM are cheap though. I picked up a couple spares in the junkyard the other day for 25 bucks a piece. Go to the buick ttype page for a list of crossovers. The same ecm can come from more common cars than just the GN. You can use any 6 cylinder system on a nissan, as long as you set it up for your motor specs. The gm ecms are the easiest to reprogram. Sorry if this sounds muddled, I'm heading out the door to night school to take my finals. Email if you want to get more in depth on what little I know.
greg
71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.