ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you converted your rear brakes to the 82/83 zx rotors and calipers, did you...
1. change the porportioning valve?
2. use the axle spindles from the zx?
3. or do the rotors mount on the existing axle?
4. what parts from the zx need to be taken?
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gary Gent wrote:
-------------------------------
When you converted your rear brakes to the 82/83 zx rotors and calipers, did you...
1. change the porportioning valve?
2. use the axle spindles from the zx?
3. or do the rotors mount on the existing axle?
4. what parts from the zx need to be taken?
Thanks

Gary

Gary,
a proportioning valve is something you definitely want but not absolutely needed to get it going. The only thing you need from the ZX are calipers and rotors. Also get the bolts and washers that bolt up the ZX bracket to the ZX hub as you will need these to bolt up the Maxima bracket to the Z hub. Other things I would recommend from experience is beg or borrow a powerful impact gun to get off the big nut on the spindle and buy a set of speed bleeder valves. They are worth every cent, especially if you plan to do the prop valve later.

Another recommendation, especially if you have the Toyota fronts and do hard braking, is a 280ZX dual reservoir 15/16" master cylinder and a larger brake booster. If you have a 240Z 5-spd, get the early 280Z 5-spd booster and if you have an auto 240Z or 5-spd 280Z, get the 280Z 2+2 booster.

The conversion will leave the handbrake inoperative, but it seems like a simple mod which I plan to do when I install the LSD.

Scottie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.