ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With your system how many N2O injectors do you have? With one it seems it would be hard to distribute...know of any 6 injector kits that could be tapped in piggy backing the fuel injectors? Or running 3 injectors tapped in at the base of the manifold ( one for every 2 tunnels)?? Any ideas would be helpful, thanks jon.

P.S. going on 83 #F54 block w/ .080' shaved head .560/300 cam. N42 intake manifold....not turbo'd yet :) on the list

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nitrous Oxide Systems (or N.O.S.) makes a dirrect port fogger kit that puts a fogger nossle at the port of each cylinder near the fuel injectors. That kit will give the best distrubution from cylinder to cylinder. The other kits with a single nossle at the throttle body will work just as good. Most are dry kits and do not flow any gasoline through the intake, only nitrous which is a gas so it distributes evenly. The only reason I would run the direct port kit is if you are looking for a 125 or more shot of the N2O.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
I use:

2 foggers on the 260 with SU's.
One on the turbo car, originally before the turbo, before the intercooler was installed, then moved to the Throttle Body after I installed the Intercooler.
I used a prot-injection (six fogger) on the Mikuini manifold, but for a 75 shot the jets are ridicuolously small, and prone to plugging. The hit is really hard, and I didn't like the way it came on as it caused traction problems if engaged coming out of corners.

If I was to install one on a car today (instead of 10-15 years ago...) with a stock intake on an EFI system, I'd go with a single nozzle at the Throttle Body. The power hit is not so drastic. Additionally, Venom now makes a nice programmable unit, so it pulses the NO2 solenoid to give a delivery curve taliored to what YOU want, and uses a piggyback controller for fuel enrichment---much more 2001 than the fogger/wet system which for all intents and purposes is either "on" or "off"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.