ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions regarding the turbo you sold me . I looked at it fairly good but is there a line for water cooling ? Also what oil line did you use , a braided stainless hose or the factory hard line . Do I have to let the new turbo break in . Did you have an oil cooler on your engine .

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That turbo is not water cooled. You can easily have the center section swapped out to get a water cooled center section. Call kevin at majestic and tell him you would like the water cooled center section, I am sure he would swap it out for you. You will need to send it to him to have it done, although having water cooled is not a necessity. When I ran the turbo I used the stock oil supply line, but on my new turbo I will use stainless lines and aeroquip fittings from the engine to the turbo. you will have to modify the oil return to feed back into your pan. It was very easy with a coulple of pieces of hose, some clamps, and one 90degree bend. I hope you know this, but you need an oil pan from a turbo motor that has the oil return hole. When you first run the turbo, make sure your have oil in the turbo. It is wise to crank the engine without firing it to build oil pressure. Disconnect the oil return line and hold a cup under it will cranking the engine. Once you see oil coming out of the bottom of the turbo you are good to go. Let me know if this answers all of your questions. There was a post below from a guy named Scottie who is selling a starion intercooler for $50 if you want I have his e-mail and #.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.