ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pls tell me which company makes the best ones for a 72 240 L24, and where to find it.
thanks

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Re: Imho...

Greddy/Trust made the best header for the Z, copied by OS, or vice-versa. Neither are available here in the usa. Fitment requires nothing special, no special gasket, no leaks nuthin'. Last forever without rust through, and have a fully integrated exhaust designed after the factory Nissan 432 system, fits the 240 wonderfully.
Fujitsbo also makes some great headers, some of which will not fit on LHD vehicles, but that's another story...
Anything short of the old NISMO header available in the US has been a gob-job conglomeration of thin tubes that rust through, and cheap flanges with washers welded on to make them fit with the stock intake manifold. IMHO, all the US built stuff is crap. Until you see one of the Japanese headers, you don't know what yu're missing.

· Registered
303 Posts
Re: Imho...

Just curious because I've tried looking on the net already, does anybody know of any sources for ordering parts from over seas for Zs?? Had limited success in finding Z clubs in England, but not much on parts.

Later,

Mike

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
To get these parts...

Your best bet is to find some Japanese car magazine like J's Tipo or Carboy and find a photo of what you want. There are usually web addresses listed for the speed shops, or fax numbers. Then it's all up to correspondence and agreeing on how you want to ship them.
I stocked up while living there, and all mine are destined for vehicles I own.
Having friends in the military, especially LOADMASTERS on cargo aircraft really comes in handy for this acquisition process...

· Registered
651 Posts
assuming there's a reason why you aren't going to an L28 upgrade, the header sold by both MSA and NISMO (6-2-1) is made by the same guy (no sales to individuals). This I got from Dave Rebello. Try Victoria Brit too and go for the ceramic coating if money allows. No header wrap, however and get the right header for the ports (square vs round). I know there is some question as to the right gasket for a preformance header (not me, but others), so decide which you want - metal edged (stock) or soft composite...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.