ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much more power would a 2mm metal head gasket make on a 82' 280zx auto turbo. I'm about to buy and modify one. Any other mod-ideas welcome. Also pictures of my 83'280zx are to come. I do not know any stock info about Z cars as far as, HP,T-speed,0-60 time, quarter mile time, ect... Any info would be great! Thanks, anthony83zx

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Performance head gaskets don't make power, they just last longer/more durable. Stick around to learn good tips, or better yet search the archives.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick responce. I thought that a thinner head gasket would increase compression,and this might be a dumb ? , but what are the archives? Thanks, anthony83zx

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
A thinner gasket can help a little by increasing compression. It's not really desireable on a turbo motor. as the compression goes up, the amount of boost you can run will go down. The 2mm HKS gasket will actually lower your compression because it is thicker than a stock gasket. There is a 1mm HKS gasket, but if your motor is fine there are tons of other ways I would spend that money first.
1-better exhaust
2-KN air filter
3-adjustable wastegate or boost valve
4-disable stock popoff valve

Click on the "search" link under features in the menu bar to the left. It will allow you to search past questions and responses in this forum by the keywords you put in.
greg
71 240z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.