ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 16x7 Panasports for my 76 280z, i will have 225/50/16 size tires on them soon. Will i have a problem with clearance or when i turn the wheels? I'm sure that this has been posted before but i don't remember. Thanks, my Z is about 80% done, I can't wait!!! laterz

Chris

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have the same wheel/tire setup, and I posted the same question a few weeks ago. My stock springs were weak, and the tires rubbed the rear fender wells when hitting dips in the road. I am in the process of rebuilding the suspension, and hopefully the problem will go away. If I could do it over again, I would go with 205 or 215 width tires. The 225's are excessive for the street, in my opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On My 77 280 2+2 I cut away the inner lip on the fender wells. The fronts were hitting slightly when I clipped the berms at the track. Now I run Kuhmo 245-45-16's
and they don't rub at all. You might consider offset wheel bushings, although they only provide slight negative camber they will improve handling and your tires will wear more evenly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.