ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this mallory hyfire ignition system says that it will not work with odd fire or semi-even fire engines what is the vg30?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
the 300zx comes with one of the best ignition systems out there. to change it will give you no power gains and is a waste of money.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well sprinter lets dont run off, I know its good but im trying to build boost off the launch with a 2 step rev limiter alot of my friends told me that bouncing off the rev limiter will build boost in neutral instead of 0 so I can knock my 60ft time down. My brothers talon builds 10 psi in neutral and it will launch.

Post Edited (Mar 2, 11:30am)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh the 2 step rev limiters are suppose to be boost builders, this mustang at the track said he gets nothing just reving it but bouncing off the rev limiter he gets 8-10psi really helps his launch. You set one for the launch and one for the redline ill probably set mine for 3500 launch and 6500 limiters.

Post Edited (Mar 2, 5:03pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
hm......that sounds pretty suspect. The turbo needs a load to build up boost. That only comes when the engine is doing some work, i.e. pushing the wheels...I'd double check on that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My brothers talon builds boost reving it, Go to a dsm forum they tell you all about it, or do a search just type building boost with rev limiters thats what I did I was reading all about it. Ill let yall know if mine builds boost after I install it I ordered it last night hoping to build a little boost at least.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They do with a car building boost in neutral.

Post Edited (Mar 2, 10:45pm)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.