ZCar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the GL means cloth seats and that usually means manual. But I could have sworn I've seen a cloth power driver seat before. Anyone know? The reason I'm asking is there's a GL a ways from me in a salvage yard but I'm only making the drive if there's a chance the seat is power.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also was the parcel shelf an option? I have never figured out a pattern to which models had it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have an 85T GL with electric leather seats and manual trans. The cargo cover (parcel shelf) came with mine new and it was not an option. It was part of the turbo GL package with leather

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks but I posted in the 84-89 section.

lol. my bad. i didn't see that

I don't have a 280ZX. Although I always kinda wanted one!

you're missing out... go buy one!
cheers

bon

·
Registered
512 Posts
Call the salvage yard before you go. Ask them if the car in question has a cloth/leather and a manual/power seat. Also ask them for (1) the car’s VIN no. and (2) the model plate placard located on the driver's strut tower in the engine bay. The VIN no. and placard can be decoded using the link below to determine what the car’s true identity is. It’s possible that the car’s original factory specifications may have been modified by former owners over the years.

For 1984, when I bought my 1984-T, the GL trim level had manual cloth seats. The GLL trim level had a power driver’s leather seat with the passenger’s seat being manual and leather.

Other changes might have occurred to the seats from 1985-1989.

http://zbum.suomiz.net/faqs.shtml#buy6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts