ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to install sds on my 72. have everything needed out of an 80 zx, however not fond of chasing the wiring harness all throughout the car. Just wondering what optional accessories those of you with sds are running. Accessories such as o2 sensor, fast idle solenoid, map sensor, etc.

· Registered
695 Posts
I have the SDS EM3-6F setup in my '73 240Z Turbo. This includes the distributorless ignition. As for options, the extras I chose were the back-lit LCD (much easier to see, especially at night), the fuel pump relay (nice safety feature), O2 sensor and knock sensor. I used a throttle position sensor from a 240SX. I chose the 2 bar map sensor for my turbo application. Seeing as my Z will only be driven in the summer, I skipped the fast idle solenoid.

Nigel

· Registered
402 Posts
If you are running a turbo you have to use the map sensor,if not you can use the TPS. I am using the TPS that SDS sells. I've got the fuel pump relay,mixture meter/O2 sensor,backlit programmer,fast idle for the a/c. The O2 will let you run in closed loop and maintain a 14.7-1 a/f ratio at cruise which is good if you have a cat in your exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.