ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i can lug my compressor down to the lot where the donor car is. or i can run 100+ feet of line from a neighbors compressor.. or i can bring my toolbox and alot of curses.. is it a big pain to pull the 5 speed and rear from the zx wihtout air? ive pulled halfshafts off easily by hand in my 240.. but the rear bolts may be tougher.. oh well just looking for opinion here.. by the way i have a VW GTI.. hard to drive with a compressor in the trunk in that car.. ive done it twice

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
Re: Pulling ZX Rear and Tranny without air tools..

hehe well the tranny wont be a big problem, not at all wihtout air. the halfshafts the same. now the rear. i had a donor that i pulled a 3.54 rear from, and all was easy till i got to the differential. then again you might get lucky. try it thats all i can say.

jaymes

pittsburgh pa

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Pulling ZX Rear and Tranny without air tools..

Just gone done pulling one from a wrecked 280zx at 11:00 at night on jackstands and 3/8" drive and a few wrenches. Wrenches are important transmission is alittle more cramp than in the Z. I had to pull loose the exhaust to get the driveshaft out. Just at the cat and pushed it over enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.