ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a month ago my AE started acting up, it would bog and hesitate at 400-500 rpms and would die. i figured out that the MAF was bad so i got a used one for 15$. put it on yesterday (monday) drove it around for a while ran alot better than before. today i go driving around jus to make sure its good to be driving everyday and after about 15-20 of driving it it starts boging and shaking at idle, 500 rpms, should be about 700. is this MAF no good or is there something else wrong?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well...

You did get a used MAF. It sounds very similar to your previous problem. You could purchase a new MAF from a parts store and if it doesn't correct your problem, you could always return it. I'd assume the MAF is bad. Check your connections too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Most parts places won't accept electrical parts back after they have been connected. The same thing happened to me once, I got a junkyard MAF, it lasted a little while and died. So $170 later I had a reman, and it still works. Good Luck. Check all the wiring and hoses around the AIV also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.