ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all this is pretty much a simple question and i guess it all depends on your opinions of what you think works better, but today i went to the local auto parts store and i was look at all the different products for things such as Fuel Injector cleaners and etc.. for these products. My question for you guys is what kind of brand's do you use for fuel injection cleaners or other products like carb cleaner etc...

Any brands in particular better then others? or they all the same
thanks in a advance
Yuichi
81 ZX n/a

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
If I look for a brand name it's usually Gunk (engine cleaner) Gumout (carb cleaner) Solder Seal (Carb Cleaner) CRC (Brake Parts Cleaner, electric parts cleaner) K&W (penetrating oil).

As for gas additives, oil additives etc, I don't usually use them. For fuel injection systems I think about the best is a 3M kit that you hook up to the fuel injection system.

Anyway to get back to the brands, if I don't see a brand I'm looking for I usually study each of the products in which I am interested and buy the least expensive.

Bob A.
IZCC #5497

> hiya all this is pretty much a simple
> question and i guess it all depends on your
> opinions of what you think works better, but
> today i went to the local auto parts store
> and i was look at all the different products
> for things such as Fuel Injector cleaners
> and etc.. for these products. My question
> for you guys is what kind of brand's do you
> use for fuel injection cleaners or other
> products like carb cleaner etc...

> Any brands in particular better then others?
> or they all the same
> thanks in a advance
> Yuichi
> 81 ZX n/a

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've read that Techron is the best for cleaning out the fuel injectors. It is, however the most expensive, and I'm not so sure that three of the other bottles of Gunk, etc., wouldn't do the same.

I think just about any fuel injection additive can only help with regular intervals of use.

As far as oil additives, there have been a number of posts about the pros and cons of these teflon products. Look in the archives and make your own opinion.

Good luck,

Matt

> If I look for a brand name it's usually
> Gunk (engine cleaner)
> Gumout (carb cleaner)
> Solder Seal (Carb Cleaner)
> CRC (Brake Parts Cleaner,
> electric parts cleaner) K&W
> (penetrating oil).

> As for gas additives, oil additives etc, I
> don't usually use them. For fuel injection
> systems I think about the best is a
> 3M kit that you hook up to the
> fuel injection system.
Bob, what is this 3M fuel injection kit?

> Anyway to get back to the brands, if I don't
> see a brand I'm looking for I usually study
> each of the products in which I am
> interested and buy the least expensive.

> Bob A.
> IZCC #5497

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Bob, what is this 3M fuel injection kit?

It's a product I saw used on Shadetree mechanic a few weeks ago. Costs about $30 if I remember right. I haven't used it, but have seen good reports from those that have.

Basically it's a can of injector cleaner, and some fittings etc. and you disconnect the fuel system and hook it in. You run the engine off of the stuff in the can until it runs out, then you hook the fuel system up again.

My suggestion is talk to the folks at a parts store, look over the product and make up your own mind.

Bob A.
IZCC #5497

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.