ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 78 280z has been running rough for the last two weeks...some times it feels like accelerating sometimes not. But its always started up fine. This morning i started it up and it ran for about half a block, then died. It kicks hard but won't turn over. I noticed the fuel pump wasn't working properly so before replacing it i checked the voltage 5.7 or close to that. I don't have a diagram or any other way to track the hot wire from the fuel pump through the floor pan to where ever they go...I ran a wire from the coil to the pump just so i could get to school.

has anyone else had this problem or can tell me where the juice to the fuelpump comes from? (details would be greatly appreciated)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: problems with voltage to the fuel pump(i think

> My 78 280z has been running rough for the
> last two weeks...some times it feels like
> accelerating sometimes not. But its always
> started up fine. This morning i started it
> up and it ran for about half a block, then
> died. It kicks hard but won't turn over. I
> noticed the fuel pump wasn't working
> properly so before replacing it i checked
> the voltage 5.7 or close to that. I don't
> have a diagram or any other way to track the
> hot wire from the fuel pump through the
> floor pan to where ever they go...I ran a
> wire from the coil to the pump just so i
> could get to school.

> has anyone else had this problem or can tell
> me where the juice to the fuelpump comes
> from? (details would be greatly appreciated)

Sorry, but I would not even bother doing any work with out a wiring diagram. The haynes books are only $10.00, get one.

If then you can't figure it out, ask again.

Will.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Lift Carpet behind Passenger seat

Look under the carpet behind the passenger seat. You should see the two wire lead to the fuel pump there. There should be two bullet connectors there where they connect into the wiring harness. Pull them apart - clean them up real good and stick them solidly back together. If that doesn't fix it then you need to go get the Haynes manual for $10-13.
Phantom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.