ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a great 76 california z but I've had a few problems as of late. My speedometer cut out on me. I detatched the cable from the speedometer and noticed that it does not turn when
the car is moving. However it's not the cable because I detatched it on the other end and it turned on both ends.
Also, I have a nice sound system in there, but only speakers in the back (a kenwood box w/10 woofers and a 100x2 watts feeding them). Does anyone have any suggestions for front mounted speakers?

·
Registered
205 Posts
> Hey, I have a great 76 california z but I've
> had a few problems as of late. My
> speedometer cut out on me. I detatched the
> cable from the speedometer and noticed that
> it does not turn when
> the car is moving. However it's not the
> cable because I detatched it on the other
> end and it turned on both ends.
> Also, I have a nice sound system in there,
> but only speakers in the back (a kenwood box
> w/10 woofers and a 100x2 watts feeding
> them). Does anyone have any suggestions for
> front mounted speakers?
as for the speedo, i know there is a nylon gear that turns the cable that might have gotten chewed up, but i don't know that much about it. with the radio, i put a 51/4 inch system with 1 inch tweeters upfront. i put the cones in the sides of the console right below the radio on either side. this keeps you from having to cut holes in the door panels. before i did this, i found a good used console and used which ever one was in worse condition (the one in the car or the used one) to mount the speakers in. this way, if i want to take them out, i have a good console with no holes to put in the car. i mounted the tweeters in the bottom of the A pillar near the dash pointing toward each seat with one srew (so you only have a small hole) by running the wire under the dash and tucking the exposed part into the windshield seal.
hope this helps,
andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.