ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so...Before my car was leaking antifreeze which most of it seemed to be dripping from the water pump pulley, seeing how the radiator fluid line above it wasn't dripping or leaking anything I changed out the water pump and the lower hose. I ran my car till about normal temperature, after the water pump change, and then shut the engine off and waited for any dripping but didn't get any...Now, when I start up my car this morning it says that I need radiator fluid and there is a small puddle on the passenger side. Could my resevoir itself be leaking? Or perhaps that lil petcock on the side of the engine (which I have no clue where it's at) that keeps the fluid in? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Sounds like your original problem was an old gasket on the waterpump.

I would get your Z up on ramps and really look over everything. You should be able to find some sort of indication where this new leak is coming from. When I had a coolant leak I could tell where the fluid had been because it didn't disipate like water. It left a residue that was visible.

Fill the anti-freeze back up, watch and wait. You'll find it. I believe the drain **** is on the other side of the radiator (is on most cars, haven't tackled in my Z) so it's probably not that.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.