ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after a couple months of smooth running I decide to do some clean up, mainly the electrical connectors and throttle bodies. After spraying contact cleaner into the PTU cables, she would not start. They were certainly dry as I had left them exposed for a good 30 min. After reconnecting the cables she starts up, albeit very rough.

Now I am stuck with an extremely rough idle, and every time I squeeze the connections tighter...she stalls out. I also have the newer PTU. In addition I am now getting bucking and hesitation around 2K-3K RPMs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Get some keyboard ....

duster spray from any place that handles computer parts or computers. disconnect and spray off the harness connectors to the PTU. Let them "air" out for about 5 minutes and reconnect them. Make sure the PTU pins are not bent.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Get some keyboard ....

I did that and just ran the codes...a 13 and 21. Thanks for your help, I fear that she may be on her last legs and I cannot afford to rebuild her.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
clean the connector at the coolant temp sensor, as for 21 i dont remember that one of the top of my head

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input so far guys. I did wiggle the connectors and now it won't start...at least I know what the problem is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.