ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it sure has been awhile since i've posted; mainly because my car has been running in tip-top shape! Nonetheless, upon driving it this morning I noticed something rather odd about my car. Whenever I accelerate it sounds like an 18-wheeler; everytime I shift it sounds like a big ass diesel engine. It seems that his noise seems to correlate with the acceleration and rpms produced under the hood. My only thought is that I may have busted a vaccuum hose or the pump itself? That is if the N/A's do have some sort of vaccuum system. Either way, I took it to the shop and I was just curious as to what to expect. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didn't get a chance to run the codes because it was making such a funny noise that I knew it needed to get into the shop immediately. Plus, I was leaving work and pretty much had to drive straight to the shop.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If the car is still running right, then I'd say it's the fan clutch as well, but it's really hard to tell from the description of the problem.

You guys need to improve on being more descriptive on these problems. By do so you avoid the big guessing game as to what you're experiencing. Try to include as much detail as to what, when and how the problem manifests itself. Only then can you expect better diagnoses. .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree JT240Z, and with that said let me get into a bit more detail. The noise seemingly does sound like an 18-wheeler when I shift, and it correlates directly with the RPM's. When I let off of the accelerator, the noise diminishes completely and vice versa. Upon looking under the hood, the noise appeared to come from the fan that sits directly behind the radiator. Honestly, I don't know if that area is indeed the cause of the problem or not seeing as though this noise is louder than sh*t when I accelerate. Hopefully that is a little more detailed for you guys, sorry if I wasn't detailed enough to begin with. Thanks

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
OK, just what part of an 18 wheeler does your car sound like. Diesel engine rattle? Squealing brakes sound? Air brake sound? Turbo spooling whine sound? Gear grinding sound? Get my point?

My guess is you're hearing a loud roaring noise coming from the front of the engine. The sound would be like a huge fan blowing air like sound that increases with the speed of the engine regardless of whether your in gear or not. If this is the case then change your fan clutch out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.