Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is a pain to start cold now

it smells like gas when trying to start and when running befor reaching op temp then when at op temp it smeels like exhaust

i have to hold the gas when startign cold and if its not all the way at op temp if i let it idel for about 30 sec it will die out and when it reaches op temp its easy to start but will idel rough when first started and driving around town at some stops it idels smooth and real nice and at some stops idels rough WTF its really starting to piss me off

- i reinstalled the stock air box (had a cone ) and it seems a bit smoother probably just seems that way because it dosent make as much noise witht he resonator thing on
- AAC is disconected when its connected its still hard to start cold and when at op temp it idels at 13 - 1400 rpm (discounected its normally around 7)
- tightened intake manifold bolts a bit
- check for vaccume leaks (didnt find anyhtign but that dosent mean i havent missed one)
- unplugged MAF and found one connector kinda corroded - cleaned and reinstalled)
- unplugged TPS and cleaned connectors
- check cylinder 1 and 3 spark plugs which have at least 5000miles on them and they are white look brand new like they have never even fired
- checked for spark it was good
- check for codes nothign special
- had full tune up not too long ago right before i bought it - cap rotor plugs wires fuel filter air filter oil timming set
- also has remanufactured MAF and ECCS or whatever it is -computer

boost gague reads about 30 vaccume +/- 2 at idel

it performans well boosts good sounds good and pulls good just has the rough idel cold start problem and well the plugs being white scares me

where do i go from here? is it an injector problem?

Post Edited (Sep 10, 2:11am)

·
Registered
751 Posts
that's sounding more and more like a bad MAF sensor. Exact symptoms mine had when it went bad. See if you can get one from a junkyard. Maybe $50.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Or the CHTS? But I've never had that problem before good luck

·
Registered
154 Posts
that is what is happing to mine to cold starting and ****

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
>>it smells like gas when trying to start and when running befor reaching >>op temp then when at op temp it smeels like exhaust

Sounds like a leaky fuel hose problem to me; I had this happen not so long ago and it was a leaking fuel hose. It would pay to get it looked at if you're smelling fuel; you dont wan't an engine fire. I'm no expert but if the engine aint getting all it's fuel then it's not going to idle good. Try turning the car on and seeing if you can physically see a leak; or airwaves from the fumes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.