662 Posts
Nice, It's cool to see it close up.
Inspiring!
I cant wait for my build!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I CANT WAIT to start documenting the build of Her Complete Lower End,(Whistling) Major Head Porting, 3 Angle Performance Valve Job. Titanium Ferra Valves, Oversized of course, A Hot Turbo Cam, And Valvesprings. YUMMY!!!

I am going with 8.5:1 BRC Performance Forged Pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Havent decided on what Rods, really any good OEM, or Aftermarket Forged Rods will work. Everything is going to be Balanced.

The Motor should prove to be More than Capable of producing 60-100 hp just bolting it in at the same boost as before. WIll start in Jan, and be finished by March hopefully!!.

I MIGHT have to put a Larger Compressor wheel on this turbo to!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man, thats insane!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Multi-angle valve jobs work by unshrouding the valve seating surfaces and making a smoother flow path for the incoming air or the outgoing exhaust. These valve jobs commonly consist of a throat cut, a seating cut and a top cut. Stock factory valve jobs usually are just seating cuts. Multi-angle valve jobs create a smooth transition from the port to the cylinder as the intake valve opens. The converse effect is also true on the exhaust side of the engine but the flow is improved as it proceeds from the combustion chamber to the exhaust port. These types of valve jobs increase the flow the most at low lifts where the valves are first opening or about to close. This is important because valves spend more dwell time opening and closing than they do at maximum lift. A proper valve job can contribute up to 50 percent of the total flow gain enjoyed by good headwork. Add that to a well ported head, and the proper cam and springs, and you can see ENORMUS power gains. It will spool my turbo up quicker, and will help the engine spin freely over 7000 rpms! Then will the benifits of my upper intake plenum be felt for real!! I will able to supply unlimited amounts of air to the Cylinders, freely, and un-obstructed!!!

Post Edited (Nov 15, 9:46pm)

·
Registered
364 Posts
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!! Thought your post need that...lol LaterZ.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too long.....

6 years and counting! : )

I never can dyno it, I keep coming up with reasons to improve Her. Breaking something is the BEST way to do it!! The Lower End I had was, and had been Subject to many years of " trying to get it right". I couldnt tell you how many times I have Knocked this engine!!! It ran off a bunch of "piggybacks", and FMU's and that crap in it early years, and I abused it. I'll admit it, its why I love it. You know the motor had probably 100k on it. VERY Hard miles on it. Im suprized it lasted as long as it did!! Hail Nissan. I always seemed to go thru Oil to. The motor had a loss in compression, im sure. I needed this anyway. Greg ( My Friend who SHS) has had me thinking , and I need something to use my Noggin on. Who has a completely gone all the way VG30ET? I have seen many "Almost there", but not quite. Im ready to see what a 3.0 Liter can offer. My Goals are to make 350 RWHP @ 12 psi. Im not really looking for top HP Figures. Just Fantastic Power, good engine response, at lower boost levels. Although dont get me wrong, I will run 20-23 psi and see what kind of power I make.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You are the MAN. Truly, this car and the quest for performance is a labor of love....**** near makes me teary eyed...really.

Just curious, are you going to use high compression forged pistons or pistons more along the lines of a stock turbo compression?

350 @ 12psi should be an afterthought, just a testing point, but street-able. Turn it up and...LOOK... OUT HERE IT COMES FOLKS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good streetable boost levels with a decent Advance curve Is where I concentrate on making power. Im sure if I run 20-23 on Race Gas it would be pretty Scary. I am going to bump up to a 8.5:1 compression Ratio. Im not a Strong beliver in High Compression Turbo cars. I have Debated this point in the past!! The small bump, will improve low Rpm response, yet still be Turbo Freindly. Thanks for the Positive comments. I enjoy the "Performance" aspects of Z cars.

My buddy Ian, was trying to talk me into installing a 1JZ TT engine into the BB. I told him NO-WAY!! a Built VG30ET would be Unique. Allthough, I could just bolt in that other engine, and do a few BPU's, and really break things!!

Anybody want to buy my Motor Fixed? JK : )

·
Registered
782 Posts
Now I see why you were thinking of going with a chevy tranny with that kind of power that you will be making 23psi you will probably put down 550rwhp+ it would be hard to find a clutch that would hold that much power without going to a custom flywheel with a triple plate clutch. Sounds awesome though I have a extra set of heads that im gonna do some head work too someday, I just wanted to see how far I could go with stock heads and camshafts first.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I would bet money that the motor could make over 700hp on high boost when fully built. Are you still considering a twin turbo setup, or are you going to stick with the single large turbo? If you want good streetable power, but want to be albe to REALLY turn it up, you should make a sequential(sp?) turbo setup....now THAT would be unique!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.