ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New subdivision going in behind my house that has a sweet straight street long enough for 1/8 mile run and decelleration back down to 20 before getting near homes. Smooth concrete 50' wide. Lit Zack up the other night on the old, tired, stock motor and turned about 78. Didn't get the time as it wasn't a planned run. Can't do it too much as the neighbors know my car. Great place to check out the "improvements" though.
Phantom

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I run it too often I think the local gendarmes will provide the "christmas trees" and other associated equipment. Otherwise it's just me and a stop watch.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Careful Phantom

Now would be a good time to buy a G-Tech .I have a place near my house that I run my car,I always use the same spot to check my runs.So that I know it's not a hill or traction or some thing else making the differance.They are worth the money.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE:Be good to your neighbours

Its not good when the Christmas tree starts to flash behind you, and the lights are BLUE!
Close to where I live, there are some nice winding roads deep in the forest, where the law scarcly dares to go, one of the roads has a full quatermile stretch including stopping distance. After a weekend, there are quite a lot of black marks there...
My 1978 280Z ran with no2 back in the US, so the switches are still there and the engine is improved to take it. I noticed that this one is faster than the papers said when we drove it from Hisingen, (Where they build Volvos)an island next to Gothenburg to Boras (some 115 miles) under 25 minutes...
Anyway, the neighbours problably thinks its fun for one or two nights, but no more, so be careful.
(I've had some experience of this. My old '67 Riviera with a 430" Wildcat engine,without mufflers sure looked evil, and was admired by my neighbous
for the first days, but rather soon, this beheemoth of a car almost had me lynched...)

Keep the spirit up
regards Marten from Sweden

·
Registered
804 Posts
Phantom, Need help w/ watch?

This would be an opportunity to see Zack in person and also see what my Z can do for a run of fun. I could time you and you could time me. I wouldn't dare line them up. I may have put SU's in, but I think my motor wouldn't stand up to yours, no matter how tired yours is. Let me know. Later

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Marten, does your car really go 276mph ??</b>

Marten my friend you need new batteries in your calculator. 115 miles in 25 minutes works out to 276 miles an hour !!!! **** thats going to be one bad ass ticket if you get pulled over for that.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
OOps!

Thanks for noticing, something went wrong in the conversion from kilometer to miles.
Actual distance is c:a 45 miles, done in 25 minutes, still fast, but makes more sence.
Spoken to other 280Z owners on this forum, and all seems to agree that these cars are alot faster than the papers says.
Does anyone know?

Regards Marten Carlsson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.