ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying some new injectors for my TT Z. the stock ones are getting ready to die on me since they're 141k miles old...
I want to buy some 555cc injectors... what would you recommend and how much would they run me?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do not buy TLF from Ebay, they are Venom and they suck, I got mines from them and they suposuse to be 740cc and we went to measure them at they were 910cc ....
I went from a lot of problems with ECU trying to solve the situation, until I got Z emulator from Ash.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've got the ASH ecu and if i buy the 555cc injectors, will i need to go and buy a new ECU or can i just reset the one i have to work with the new injectors, even though it's tuned for the stock injectors

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
you will need to send your ecu back to ash and he can adjust it for you.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Just have Ash send you a new chip and install it yourself. Unless you have provisions to bench flow test off brand injectors, stick with original NISMO injectors. The problems people are having with the Venoms seems to be related to inaccurate flow values (consistent from injector to injector but wrong flow amount as in not 555cc) causing them to run richer then expected.

On the plus side, if you're doing a custom tune, you could end up with 600cc injectors that can give you a little more head room.:)

Like I said, stick with NISMO injectors.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
So are the issues with Venoms just that or do they crap out sooner then the NISMO's as well? Anyone ever thought about using RC Injectors? They seem to have a very large following at least in the Honda owners and ive enver heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
its been awhile since Ive been on here but.. the o rings that come with the venoms suck too.. I pulled out mine and they had melted the lower o rings and the plastic case where the fuel feeds into wasn't doing to well either.. this was after maybe 5 miles of running uncredibaly rich ( I used over 2 gallons in that time) It wouldnt suprise me if the injectors were 900cc + the engine started knocking right after my TT swap from what I suspect was the gas getting into the oil.. I have a eprom burner and messed with the injector latency/ size quite a bit but never tried setting up the ecu for injectors that large.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.