ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner of 1970 240 z manufacture date Jan 71. I have my original bill of sale. The car is in fair condition, red color, and has a blown head gasket. Considering selling it. In Sacramento area. Advice on pricing/asking price?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Depends....
Is there any rust on it? If so, how bad is it? You've got an early 240z.... so that's even more rare I would think. Blown head gasket can be fixed. I would search around online and see what others are trying to sell for (Ebay, craigslist, cargurus, etc...)
Consider bringing it up to your local Z car clubs in California... those folks may be able to give you some insight. I'm sure you got a club there in Sacramento.

Why not just keep it?

Bon

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 1972 240Z that I am in the process of restoring. Currently stripping it down so I can get it in the garage to pull the engine. My Father wore out the original L24 engine and replaced it with a L26 which is currently in the car. I have a Rebello 3 liter with 3 dual Mikuni's built and ready to go into the restored car using my original L24 head. That L26 engine will start and runs fine except it needs tuning badly. If you want to keep the car but don't want the cost of rebuilding the engine you would be welcome to the engine with the only stipulation being that you would have to come pick it up. I'm located about 2 hours South of Sacramento. If I can't find someone to take the engine I will strip the carbs and keep them as a teaching aid in rebuilding them for my Son and scrap the rest of the engine. I might even strip the carbs anyway since you would have working carbs on your old block and these that I have are the originals from the L24 engine. Let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for the offer. I believe our engine is good, except for the blown head gasket. I’m looking for someone, individual or shop, to work on it. So far the shops I’ve reached out to don’t want to touch it. Good luck with your restoration.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'm not sure how good these 3 shops are but people have recommended them in the past. By all means get your car running and driveable first. It's usually worth at least 3 times the value by comparison.
Z man of Washington

Import Repair Center
Frank 916-487-7801
Ken's All Foreign
916-921-2280
Japan Motors
Graham 916-485-1894

1 - 6 of 6 Posts