ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to replace the clutch in my 85 and I have been doing a lot of research trying to get prepared to replace it. I know it sounds silly to some but I have yet to attempt something this involved (in which the tranny has to be seperated from the engine).

I'm replacing the clutch because it is slipping which means it has obviously had a lot of use - I've owned the car for 5 years and it wasn't new when I bought her.

My question is: What is the likelyhood that I will need to replace the *pressure plate* as well?

Trying to decide whether to purchase the pressure plate at the same time.

I also am guessing that the flywheel will have to be resurfaced and I am accounting for that as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice and please forgive me if something doesn't add up - I've never touched clutch/tranny work before.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Stu85na: are you in the AZ area...... if you are try B.A.P., thats where i got my clutch(preassure plate, throw out bearing) for like $130....

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunatley I'm not in the area but I'm going to definitely have to do more research because after going through courtesyparts.com stock on their website I found these prices:

Clutch: $67.32
Pressure Plate: $124.40
Throw-out Bearing: $28.22

Prices are definitely higher than the kit you described - I will continue to research and am thankful for any advice and thanks again!

·
Registered
657 Posts
look around for an import parts store......... i wouldnt go to autozone for this one........... Im sure youll find a complete kit for under $150

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.