ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone familiar with s30 cars and their common problems to take a look at a car for sale around Scottsdale, Arizona. I've contacted a couple shops and it's not offered at the ones that have responded thus far.

I live in Texas and this would be my first s30 so I am too far away and too inexperienced to make a confident decision myself.

Does anyone know any shops or individuals that could help me out? Of course, I'm willing to pay for time and services. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
the best thing for you to do is seek out the local Z car clubs in your area or closest to you. those guys can be a big help. also, start your reading here:

www.xenonzcar.com :grin

Cheers,

Bon

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you cant get anyone, maybe ask for as many pics as possible and post them here. Underside, Floor boards, Body mounts. Windshield and other rust prone areas. Maybe the seller can take it to one of the shops and you pay the shop to report back to you? Have you tried https://zcarsource.com/ or http://www.arizonazcar.com/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Munkeymike,
I believe this is a '77 280Z?
If so, here is some free advice:
I'm familiar with this area and I reviewed the ad. I'm no expert, but I've had my 240 for 23 years, and a 280 many years ago. The pics show some good detail reflecting the condition of the car. My feeling is that if it is true that the car has 87K Ca/Az miles, those are hard miles, and/or it has been sitting around exposed to the elements for quite a while. There is plenty of rust on the undercarriage, dry rot in all bushings. Stalks of weeds at various locations. Trashed pinch welds. Possible crack in frame rail. IMHO, I would place a '1' in front of the mileage.
Yes, it looks original (but not the paint) and it looks like it runs, and maybe that's what you want. You'll have a boatload of work and bucks ahead of you if you want to go further.
Also, do you really want an automatic? Most people want a 5speed, but you can swap that in (as I did in mine).
If you double your budget, I see a hot yellow '77 in Tucson that looks turnkey.
That's my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts