ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching and not finding the answer, I'm back here. My driver side window motor can be heard spinning on my '88 ZXT, but it will only go up and down by pulling and pushing the glass by hand.

The question is: Do these motors have to be replaced or can they be serviced by removing and doing something to them? I've found the page laying out how to R/I, but it doesn't cover that issue.
This is a new car to me: 110,000 mile 5-spd, car with analog dash that belonged to a Fedex pilot (it's red). Thanks, Doug.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Search for some of my posts. I'm 100% sure I've posted the link before to replacing the power window motor.

Sounds like you need to replace the motor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it may be alot easier to just replace it...
unless u have detail knowledge of how the motor works it might be possible to repair and service it...
2 my knowledge no one has written a guide to fixing it

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dom, I found several of yours and that page of remove/install. I was hoping to be able to service it since the replacements are so expensive. I know of bunches in junkyards, but....will they still be good is the question. I saw someone post that they used a pass side and mounted it backwards to work on the driver side. Pass sides don't get as much use, so maybe I'll get both and maybe one will be good. Thanks.1987zx wrote:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.