ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 84 turbo the driver seat stop working in the far rear position is there any way to manually crank (like a power window)it forward to get to the rear bolts to replace?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nope. There are 2 small bolts that lock the tracks in place. I had to undo the front bolts and raise it about 2-3 inches. Then used a 1/4 drive socket to remove the two small bolts. Then had to do a little prying and then the seat will slide forward. The one bolt is in the middle of the wire harness that the seat plugs into the car. The other is on the other track in about the same distance back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will try this weekend did you replace the motor or did you swap out the seat if so where did you find the motor the dealer want $648 just for the motor.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got lucky mine had some cotton stuck between the screw and the rubber. I removed the cotton and it was good. Not bad for grabbing a full power seat from a junk yard and it works :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, only the stud connecting the motor to the opposite track got lost with the previous owner, and then he used the seat, despite the fact, so the motor was totaly toast, *read magnet pieces everywhere* So I just pulled the entire seat out, removed the shot motor, and cranked it by hand to where I needed it, it was getting too annoying driving with it in the furthest back position

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nah, I actualy just moved the part that spun in the motor, and now that I think about it, I used a flat head on the other side, just put it in where the stud used to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.