ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power seat is stuck in the far rear position to the point where its impossible to reach the rear bolts.The motor must be shot. Does anybody have any tips, tricks or ideas?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Remove the two bolts under the seat (near the front one for each track) and move seat forward then remove.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! When you say near the front of the track are they under the seat or the two on the side behind the power switch panel? If Im on the floor infront of the seat where are they in reference to the bolts that hold the seat to the floor and do I need to take up the front bolts to get to them?

·
Registered
321 Posts
They are under the seat. I used a 2x4 on its side to hold up the seat enough to get the 1/4 rachet in and undo the two bolts. The are a nice shiny silver and the one on the driver side of the car is hidden by the wire harness.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the problum with your seat is ther is a flexable shaft closer to the front of the seat that go's from the motor to the gear drive on the seat rail and after years of use the flexable rod binds you can get one at a junk yared if you need to get to the back bolts on your seat just pick up the front of your seat and remove the flexable rod and cut the frayed part off put the part that went to your seat raill in the drill push the rod into the seatrail and start drilling if the seat go's back just revers the drill that shuld let you at the back bolts

86 300zx turbo no mods

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why cut into the mechinics of the seat when you can look at it once you pull it out? All you have to do is remove the two bolts and pull the seat out then figure out what is wrong. No point in breaking something that might not be the problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could not find the right two shiny bolts I took out 4 different bolts and that did not work can you explain exactly where they are Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am having this same problem, the motor works but will not push the seat forward. how do i remove the seat if i cannot het to the back floor bolts? i got the front ones out they were easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.