ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using white lithium on the antenna but now its not going down goes up fine.. My question is this how do I get to the motor, this might be a dumb question but I don't want to take apart the whole trunk and figure out that I'm in the wrong spot...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You're gonna have to take the antenna out and make sure the gear motor isn't stripped. Just remove some of the interior panels in the rear left corner of the car and you'll see how to get it out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The motor is located in the rear hatch area over the left rear tire/wheel well. You have to undo the cargo straps and pull them thru the hatch carpet and the mat that covers the hatch floor. (That is if you don't want to bend the cargo floor mat.) Remove the carpet and mat. Remove the panel on the left that goes from the bottom of the left rear window down to the hatch floor. This is a fairly simple process. After you remove the panel, you will see the antenna motor. It's been a while since I've done this but I believe my memory has served me correctly or.......you can get a Haynes or Chilton's manual and either one of those should show you the procedure along with a lot more. If you're gonna keep your Z and work on it, one of those manuals would be an excellent investment. Money well spent. Good luck.

Special Ops Lives!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have to order the Chilton's on line, Because i've never seen one at a parts house?
Oh and thanks for the info, I will get all over that crazy motor tomorrow after work...

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have both. I like the Chilton's better. Seems to have clearer pictures and diagrams. The wiring diagrams are easier to follow.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot for that site I just grabed that for free!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.