ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know if seats from an early 911 fit any way easily in an 80zx, even if it requires some modifications? Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
You can fit firtually any seat into any virtually any car. The spacing of the seat rails and the subsequent hole positions cause some difficulty in adjustments, but light fabrication and welding will correct this without too much difficulty.

My 240Z has seats from an MR2. A friend of mine has Recaros.

Measure the distance between the bolts holding to front of the seat in, the same with the back and then the distance between the bolts on the seat rail. Do this for each seat and then see if it's an easy mod. On mine, the front was no problem but I had to fabricate two supports inside the existing ones. The seats are great - very comfortable and very supporting. I wish I'd kept my original seats though - just in case I ever sell this car. Another friend of mine had his re-stuffed and re-covered in leather and they look fantastic.

Happy huntin'

Ian

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just make sure that..

the seat is'nt too wide across the backside at the hinges. I got some seats out of a lazer, and they're too wide. Also, if you're tall and need your seat all the way back and then some, the ZX buckets are really thin in the back to let your back get as far rearward as possible.. the lazer seats were about 1.5 - 2" thicker here, leaving me with alot less leg room.

Dylan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, Ian, I'll just look until I find some seats that I like the feel of and look good. Appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.