ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes my 76 s80z popls thru the air box from an off idle rev ....and sometimes after the rev on the way down??? not sure what it is/?? what should i set my timing at for best performance and street usage????

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Look for vacuum leaks, like in the afm boot... May want to test the afm (air flow meter) per the factory service manual. You can get cd-rom versions of the manual from www.ideal-z.com
I would get a fsm and fix the problems before thinking about a cold air induction system. If one of those pops bust the flap on the afm you are SOL.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
try the dizzy....

yes it could be... mine was... my 81 was backfiring through the intake and when I found out my dizzy had allmost a centimeter of play and it squeeled really loud but it poped before it started squeeling so I'm guessing that popping throught the intake is a hint as to what is happening inside your dizzy's cap. as soon as the new dizzy went on no more popping and the car ran stronger and sounder way better.. it's most likely a vac. line but from my own experience the dizzy was my culprate.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.