ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an '82 zxt (just rebuilt the engine,new turbo,injectors) that has the p90a head on it.....
w/an adjustable pop-off valve (6-12 lbs) will just adjusting it give me (some) more boost?...i'm kinda concerned about that p90a head also...i believe its hydraulic and heard its not a good one to boost (very much) with......what do you think?
thanks......s

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi schmaydee----------This is not the way to increase boost. The pop-off valve is there only to guard against accidental overboost, and should be used only in this way. If you don't want to invest in one of the many boost controllers on the market, you can regulate the boost by changing the length of the rod on the wastegate actuator. This procedure is outlined on Greg Kring's excellent site. Go to http://www.flash.net/~joeao/greg/zcar.html for this and other interesting info

Roadman
Gulfport, MS

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I have an '81 280zx turbo, mint, got it from a little old lady with 60, 000 original miles. it's an automatic though.since you rebuilt your engine i was wondering if you could answer a question. can you have the heads shaved on a turbo to create more compression, or will reconditioning them give me any more power. one more thing, it has the stock turbo with horrible turbo lag. if i was to get a rebuilt trubo would it have the ball bearings with faster spool or would it still be way slow. thank you. bobby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.