ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the Ten/Comp, frt control arm, frt and rear sway bar bushings with the endlink kits. This didn't take much to do, but really made a difference in the handling. My bushings were stock with 211,000 miles and had gotten mushy. Car now handles firm but not jarring like my RX-7, just controlled. I think the sway bushings and endlinks made more of an effect than the other replacements. However this was not a simple unbolt and replace job. I had to shorten the metal center spacer that goes between the washers to get all the bushings to go in and bolt back on. I'd recommend this upgrade to anyone wanting a more updated, responsive ride. How about longevity? Anybody had this in for a while? Opie.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Shipped from Motorsport 800-633-6331

The sway bushing and endlink kit was 25 bucks. I highly recommend this upgrade! If your tension rod bushings are dry rotted, do them too. It's easy, but make sure you don't tighten those bolts until the weight is on the tires. When I replaced my endlinks, I had to weld the hole where the endlink goes though the control arm. It had gotten wollered out by the bolt rubbing it. I used a wire feed welder to add material to the edge of the hole and ground it down to stock proportion. I replaced the front end bushings first and drove the car. The rear was notoriously unstable compared to the front. Then I replaced the rear sway and endlinks only and the car took on an even more noticable stability. Highly recommend the sway/endlink upgrade. Very livable in my zx. Good luck.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Buy from www.suspension.com

I bought all these bushings from the guys at www.suspension.com! The prices are excellent, way better than MS and Vic Brit.

Good luck- Evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>RE: Poly-graphite bushings installed</b>

Vince, I don't know how the quality of your bushes compare to my Energy suspension pieces, but mine would need a special lube kit to grease them before i would install them on anything other than that of a race car. My end links wore out in only 5k miles, and I haven't looked at the others because I don't want to face replacing them just yet(I did every single bloody, god #^% one of them!). Don't get me wrong, They did an awesome job of bringing the suspension under control, but was it worth it? Post your long term wear reports to let the rest of us find out, please!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.