ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i went and got a maxima alternator. but because i suck at electrical work and need to take something apart to put it back together. and the alternator was allready missing when i bought the car i dont know what wires go where. i got the plug conector figured out but there is a thick white wire and a thinner black wire. right now i have them both hooked to the same nut on the alternator that says battery im pretty sure this is wrong. should maybe just the white hook up to the nut that says battery and the black to the nut right across from it that has a E right under it? i looked in the haynes manual and the alternator lookes different. i got a dixie alternator if that helps.thank's for the help i got allready and for any help on this subject. and again plz dont hate me.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Re: plz dont hurt me i swear this is the last alternator questio

Don't be afraid to ask, that's what forums are for. Sometimes you may just get a bad response, but hey who cares.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Re: plz dont hurt me i swear this is the last alternator questio

Wait, what? I haven't been following your other thread but if you got a Maxima alternator there shouldn't be any electrical modifications required. I probably should have read closer, but that is my two cents. AZ_ZBum has a great writeup on the Maxima alternator swap on this web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.