Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

9 months ago i bought a 1985 300zx n/a from a woman who said she had broke the timing belt. I got the car cheap because of it and put 500 into it and now its on the verge of brilliance. after doing a valve job for two bent valves both on drivers side i have gotten everything back together. When i first tryed to crank the car it took quite a while 20 trys maybe....it was apart for 8 months. After putting everything except the intake pipe back on i cranked it up. The car was alittle eratic because of the idle up solenoid not being connected to the intake pipe. I haven't put any coolant into the radiator yet and im alittle low on the oil. My problem: When i first started the engine up it ran until i shut it off....about 35 seconds later. I cranked it up a second time a day later and let it run for another 30 seconds. later that day I tryed cranking it up and it would only run for 3 seconds at the time before shuting off. this happened twice. I am also wondering why it is still hard for it to crank. I might just need to put coolant and more oil into it and let it run for the difficult cranking issue.I hope you guys can help because im at a lose.

Thanks a million guys,
JD

·
Registered
657 Posts
well, first off.......... your a fukkin idiot..... you dont go through all the trouble of rebuilding the top of a motor and then not fill the fluids...... your probably not getting any oil to those new valves......... second..... your still an idiot........ how the **** do you expect the fukkin thing to run right without the intake tube hooked up........... ever think about this little thing called vacume...... yeah vacume, it runs alot of **** on your motor like FPR, EGR, oh and lets not forget about the AFM at the end of the intake tube.
heres my advice: put the **** thing back together right and she'll fire up right. If you still have problems then post on here....... otherwise no1 want to hear about you and how your car wont run with nothing hooked up.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I agree with bobs86zx, getting everythign hooked up properly, dont ever run an engine without coolent or oil. I wouldnt call you a fuckin idiot but maybe a little ignorant, you'll learn about all the harmful things that it can do to your engine with low fluids just by using the search button.

·
Registered
123 Posts
it will crank over but it will not start with out fluids the water pump went in my 300 z turbo all the fluids pissed out and it stalled and it would not start untill i refiled the radiator

86 300zx turbo no mod's

·
Registered
657 Posts
sorry man ........ i was a little harsh yesterday....... but it think i got my point across........

importtubos:
I dont think your car not starting really had anything to do with not having coolant in her.......... it was probably more along the lines of, It got really hot and vapor locked, by the time you got the radiator filled she cooled down enough to start. but who knows?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My water pump went out the other day. Steam blew through the radiator cap and throughout the engine. Pulled off the road and it would not start. Towed it home and get no spark. I'm not sure if it does'nt start because the steam created a short somewhere or it needs fluids. I suppose when I replace the water pump I'll find out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o hey bro,
dont worry about it, it was my complete ignorance i was so excited to get it finnaly running(its my first car, im 17 and i built it so you can understand my excitement.) i just about blew a gasket before i could get it started and it just conserned me that it would only run for about 3 seconds. BUT HEY it runs better now.....it still wont idle but this is only after running it for about 5 to 10 minutes with full oil and coolant of coarse. so my dad suggested that i might have a bad connection at the injectors but i think that they might just be clogged so im going to run some injector cleaner through them and hope that fixes them.

I hope you guys forgive me for my ignorance and dont hold it against me.
Anyways thanks again guys,
JD

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey man I'm only 19 and new to the z world too, so we are going to sound like fukkin idiots for a long time to these guys. Keep in mind b/c I know you've got to have the same thoughts about tricking out your z like I do that EVERY little thing you upgrade on that car will cost mega $$$. I paid only 1650 for mine but it runs and everything else. Good luck with your car b/c I know I'm going to need it on mine, but with a little "friendly" advice from some of these guys hopefully things will go smoothly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.