Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANK YOU!
im 17 years old and i $2,200 litteraly just fell im my lap. all my life i have loved classic sport cars, and i have always loved the datsun 240z and the 63 vette the most. i am going to buy a 240z with this money and make it my first project car. please give me some tips on what to look out for etc. when buying an old zcar. PLEASE GIVE ANY ADVICE YOU CAN THINK OF!!!!!

Thanks!
adam

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
hmm Take a look at zhome.com they have info about where to look for rust and so on

·
Registered
680 Posts
My info on the suject is to take the car u want to buy to a macnic and have them look it over. a compresson test on the Motor. Spark plugs Like any fowling or oil on the plugs can mean some thing not right with the motor. Go to a place where they can lift the car on the rafters for any signs for leaks and what the underside Looks like. Look for any signs for rust. Have him look over the hoses, Brakes. buy a use car buyer guid they will help too. It will have all the info I put down and more.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> THANK YOU!
> im 17 years old and i $2,200 litteraly just
> fell im my lap. all my life i have loved
> classic sport cars, and i have always loved
> the datsun 240z and the 63 vette the most. i
> am going to buy a 240z with this money and
> make it my first project car.
> please give me some tips on what to look out
> for etc. when buying an old zcar. PLEASE
> GIVE ANY ADVICE YOU CAN THINK OF!!!!!

> Thanks!
> adam

Hi Adam,

I just did a search on traderonline.com for 240Z in the southwest and came up with 11 matches between the price of $800 and $6000. I don't know what part of the country you are from, but if you want to avoid a HUGE amount of extra work, find yourself a car from the southwest with little or no rust. I have found that it's easier to work on the engine than to work on the body, and as a teenager you probably will want to wrench on the engine to up the power anyways!

Happy hunting

Steve Graber

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
> THANK YOU!
> im 17 years old and i $2,200 litteraly just
> fell im my lap. all my life i have loved
> classic sport cars, and i have always loved
> the datsun 240z and the 63 vette the most. i
> am going to buy a 240z with this money and
> make it my first project car.
> please give me some tips on what to look out
> for etc. when buying an old zcar. PLEASE
> GIVE ANY ADVICE YOU CAN THINK OF!!!!!

> Thanks!
> adam
DUDE RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! YOU DO NOT WAN'T A Z CAR! Buy a nice early 80's tempo, it's a good reliable car. Z's are pieces of absolute crap.

I'm kidding, lol, welcome to the fold, Adam!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.