ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had unhooked the wires that go to the senscor on the water neck on front of t motor.well you guys told me how they went back together.well when i hooked the wire back up the car died.it died when i hooked up the wire for the thromo time swich.can you guys tell me what this might be.thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
do you know what sensor is the water temp and thermotime? the thermotime is the one with the larger nut (on bottom right), water temp sensor on top right, smaller nut on sensor.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
now i've got 3 on mine, and whoever had it before me rigged the sensor on the bottom right with silicone and crimpers. ???? what do the 3 do?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
There should be two connectors with FI style plugs (thermotime and water temp sensor) and one with a single bullet connector (thermal transmitter to dash gauge). You may have another sensor (which is a bullet I think...) that will control the fan that cools the fuel rail (I think only the ZX's have that).
If somone rigged the connector with crimps and slicone, I would replace it. Only solder the connectors and use heat shrink tubing to seal the joints.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
thanks john, yup, that's what i have,,,,now, i think it's the thermotime,,,,bottom right. do i really need it? and if so, i might just go the the junkyard and get one of theirs,,,,will any year model work?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
You do need the thermotime, it works with the coldstart system.
'75 to '78's thermotimes are different from the '79-'83's.
Sure, grap one from the junkyard, but test it per the FSM tests before buying it (or sticking it in your pocket!)
You will need a deep 24mm to remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.