ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put some new su's on my '72 240z because my old ones were worn, when its running at idle and i give it some gas (in neutral gear) it makes a sucking sound and does not rev up. the rpms actually go down and the car almost dies when I give it gas. on occasion it works like its supposed to but hardly ever. now something else i noticed is that when i push the throttle if i look into the carbs (no air cleaner) the carb closer to the inside of the car (rear) the throttle body moves up with the throttle but the other carb hardly moves at all. there is also alot less suction from the carb that doesnt move. how do i fix this. everyones help would be greatly appreciated. please post a reply or email me at [email protected]
thanks
mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey! it sounds like its only running on one carb. if they are rebuilt i would say it just needs adjusting but if they are from the wrecking yard it could just be a stuck float needle valve. and of coarse you checked the oil in them first.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are not rebuilt but i got them from a running z, they dont need rebuilding, but do you think that adjusting them will make a big difference? thanks for your help
mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I would try turning the knob on the bottom of the carb that isnt working about the same amount of turns as the other one like two and a half turns out [clockwise i think] make sure both carbs are opening the same amount togeather.if that dosent do it then i would check the float bowl to see if there is gas in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.