ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1974 260 2+2 and i have a uncontrollable need for more horsepower! i have 1972 su carbs and that is really it other than the L26. i know i should not look at money when controlling addictions, but food does come first! anybody please help!!!!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: please help with horsepower!</b>

hey i hear ya. i am restoring a 72z and i put a performance
cam in it and custom exhaust but i am out of money

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Long response</b>

I haven't been on the internet all that long and yet I see this question asked alot. Let me start by telling you what I've done. I have '71 240Z with an L28 block, with flat pistons, E31 head with 280 valves, moderate cam (I think .490 or something like that), mild porting, triple webers (recently added and loving it) intake runners polished and matched to the head and the Cranes HI-6 electronic ignition. Having said all that I must say the car runs nice, and I love the sound that triples make when you get on the gas, but I must agree with a post I saw I week or so ago where someone detailed what you might spend on a good head versus going turbo with aftermarket goodies. The better deal would seem to be going turbo. In fact I'll probably build one someday, besides I could probably live on crakers and water, right? Go to car shows, ask alot of questions everywhere (especially here) and read everything. I'll never admit to having said this, but there are things to be learned from – dramatic hesitation and pause – Hondas. Gasp!
Good luck to both of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.