ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to buy a mint '79 280ZX. Will be the first Z in my garage. It is in total mint condition in/out. 100,000 miles and everything is stock and original; w/ exception of new a/c compressor and custom rims and tires. Was an Arizona car until three years ago. Has not seen the likes of winter(or hardly rain). I need some info on fair prices for such a car, for bargaining. Please help

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: please help..desperate for value of '79 280

Are you the same one who posted this message yesterday? If not, I'll tell you what I told him. There's a 1980 ZX N/A sitting about a mile from my office that has 184K, a beautiful blue paint job, new tires and various other stuff and a 8+ interior. He wants $2,400 for it. I would expect you'd pay at least another $1,000 to $2,000 for the car you're looking at if it's truly a '10.' Note that 79ZXs are the least 'collectible' of Z line, so that counts for something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RE: please help..desperate for value of '79 280

Use this as a reference point: I bought my 79 (blue/silver) 5 years ago, with 77K miles, everything worked (a/c, power windows, etc.) for $800 - it was a Florida car, owned by a doctor who had given it to his daughter in Feb of 1994 (who lived in NY), but the poor girl could'nt get a handle on driving a stick!! Now, a ton of moolah later, I have a fully restored, gorgeous and best of all FAST ZX.... the point? Unless it is a low mileage ZX-R, or 10th Anniversary, then anything over $1000 is simply too much. These cars just aren't worth alot, in the real world. Then again, if you like it, and you are willing to pay a premium to have it, then by all means....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.