ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes all, i am a timing retard. i have no clue when it comes to electric components. heres what the deal is. i rebuilt my engine and ended up with my dist. drive in backwards. everyone that i have asked said it doesnt make any difference as long as the plug wires were moved to compensate. so i decided to just leave it. but the thing i am wondering is this, why does my engine seem to run the best when the distributer is turned all the way to the right? (i think its right,anyway its all the way advanced) i installed the Schnieder racing cam in the car (the second one inthe MSA catalog) and must run it at about 900-1000 rpm just to keep running. when i have the distributer advanced all the way and idling at about 1000 rpm, if i try turning the dist the other way it slows down and starts running choppier and stuff. what the heck did i screw up this time?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
timing light is your friend. I had my mod 280z with Schnieder cam and I set my timing at +20 advance at TDC with vacumn advance idle about 900rpm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.