ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what is the best rear-end to drop into my 280ZX? I have a 1982 non turbo model with a 5 speed tranny. Also, this 300ZX drive line conversion thing...what's that all about? I have a 1986 300ZX turbo, too bad it had an automatic transmission :(

What car do I get the rear end from, do I need to modify anything to put it on, anything like that.

Also, the 300ZX driveline, what year do I get one from, what kinda tranny if it matters, also, if I put on the new rear end, is there any kind of modificatin nescessary to put the 300ZX drive line on?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
You can use the 3.7 LSD from 300ZXTs(but not the white SS) and I think thats about all thats worth using. You can also use an automatic tranny if you use the 82 maxima bell housing but who wants an auto?

Justin T

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I dont want to put an auto on my car, I was saying the 300ZX turbo that I DO have was an automatic tranny. I didnt' know if the driveline swap that's popular from 300s to 280s had to have a 5 speed drive line to a 5 speed car. I dunno if the driveline on auto 300s is the same as 5 speed 300s. If it has to be a driveline from a 300ZX with a manual then I'll find one, I was just curious if the auto driveline would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.