ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin on Pg 73 of the British Victoria Catalog(Z.45(2005 Summer Edition) cause i need to get new pistons for my 84 nissan 300zx motor. im lookin at a piston set, new rod bearings and such...since im gettin the cylinder bored are these the pistons (PN 20-1016-2 Piston Set) i need for my newly bored block? oh and how do i get the oil dipstick tube off the block?

Post Edited (Oct 15, 4:21pm)

·
Registered
353 Posts
dont have a victoria british catalog , dont know much about the pistons . but the dipstick should unscrew from where it goes into the block i think ,someone else will help you with the piston thing. good luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
You should always get the pistons and rings BEFORE you have the block bored. That way, the machinest can match the pistons to the bores and give the proper hone finish for your rings. Check with the machinest as to how much he will have to bore before getting the pistons as he may need to rebore more or less than the pistons you order.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Piston are .20" .50MM im thinkin these piston are the ones youd use if you were gettin your head rebored cause the origional pistons wouldnt work anyhow...right? im thinkin these ar not the standard pistons. i havent had my block bored yet.......i apologize my post was misleading

Post Edited (Oct 15, 4:21pm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.