ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may have this wrong but this is my first rebuild and i wanted to get my block bored i wanna use nissan oe pistons...so im wondering do i buy the nissan pistons first and tell the machinist to bore the block to the new piston specs or do i take the block to him and once he measures he tells me what size pistons i need? i dont want to buy new pistons and find out i dont need them or they are too small....i also need help on turbo specs..i want to have the turbine in the stock T3 turbo modified so what to i tell the turbo rebuild guy? cause i dont even know how to describe to him what i want...i do know that i want at least 16psi from it

Post Edited (Nov 11, 6:24pm)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: piston issues on rebuild!!!!!!

Get pistons first and take them to the machinist, Why do you just want to get the Turbine modified on the Turbo? If there going to be in there you mine as well upgrade the compressor wheel also. How much power are you looking to get? When would you like to see full boost? Answer these questions and I can help you out with selecting the proper Turbine and/or Compressor Wheels.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
getting the turbine modified is what i though was only neccesary to get more power from the turbo...im brand new to this...im wanting at least 250-300 horses from my Z...as far as fulll boost i wouldnt know cause im not as smart and turbo savvy as you guys are...what is a good boost range? commpressor mod is a must i see...i wanted to get a boost controller in the future too

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know you can go through MSA to get nissan .020 over stock piston size. Cant remember the price on them though, expensive if i remember correctly. If you plan to do put everything together semi or full floating pistons are easy to put together, if not they will probably have to be pressed by a machine shop. I purchased some JE through nolimitmotorsport.com for 642.00 w/free shipping. It'll raise the compression to 9.0:1 w/ .020

Post Edited (Nov 13, 8:30pm)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ok despite what other people say I would not waste my time and money modifying and rebuilding the stock Turbo look at ATPTurbo.com or PhoenixTurbo.com for a mid size Garrett T3/T04. Most these Turbos have potential for 400-450HP so If you ever want to get more power you wont have to upgrade the Turbo again. My First setup I ever had in the Z I ran this Turbo http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gat360trw63a.html I made something around 320HP this Turbo spooled very quickly near to the Stock T3 and it stayed efficent to Redline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.