ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
WHY would HybridZ not bring a V8 car?
If any Z site would do so it would have been them.
Just imagine the same 383 they used in the Monty Carlo in the 240Z...

·
Registered
340 Posts
gabe, warren, ill be there at SEZ! except this time ill be running mid 13's no problem with my tires and a tuned engine----

mabye even poke at a 12.999???

who knows, then my l28 will be faster than 1fastZ's l31 ;-)

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Yea,
I'm sure that Bubbles could have beaten that Monte Carlo...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hybrid77Z wrote "WHY would HybridZ not bring a V8 car?
If any Z site would do so it would have been them.
Just imagine the same 383 they used in the Monty Carlo in the 240Z..."

HybridZ really didnt have much to do with the build Other then the donation of parts and money.. Jeremy Cozad and Mike Sabatino Built the car. HybridZ admins simply gave them a place to plan everything. If hybridZ decide to build another for pinks it will be V8.

Post Edited (Jul 17, 11:09am)

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Thanks, that explains much. Sorry for the noob post.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Brian, Call Me....

This sounds interesting, NOW.

Need a Chassis?

U Got My Number!

Muahahaha! It begins...

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Rule Number One...

Any experienced racer (key here, EXPERIENCED) will tell you this:

ONCE YOU HAVE A SETUP, RUN IT AND DON'T MAKE CHANGES AT THE TRACK!

The guys constantly fiddling with this or that LACK PREPARATION, and it sounds like this was the case.

NEVER make a massive change to a fuel system without adequate time to address it properly. Changing to 800CC injectors is equivalent to swapping your Carter for a Holley three days before the race and expecting to run well.

Sorry, but that is just plain stoopid. They had a PROVEN KNOWN COMODITY, to change it is plain dumb!

This video only REINFORCES that, and makes them look worse IMO. If you had that power WHO CARES WHERE THE POWER WAS, you HAD IT.

Once you have it, you KEEP IT. Screwing with it just leads to the inevitable outcome: Loss.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Then there were three....

Muahahahahaha...

Brian, Anthony, there are some others here on the left coast that might be interested as well....

As it was said in a movie once:

"Then, there were three of them..."

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Er, Duh!

That is how streetracing goes, Bubbles.

I can't count the number of times I saw people with brake light disconnect switches so nobody knew where their braking points (or "drag points") were introdiuced on the big end of a track.

You guys are so naieve. It's almost embarrassing.

Strike that, it IS embarrassing!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
yeah, I think its time to fire up old frankenstein and show people what an L engine is capable of when you have a head to match the capabilities of the block.

Of course, Im on board! HA ha! Just picked up another head to sacrifice as well as a set of our supersecret cams! HA ha!

oh and bubbles...... maybe before you start to make ludicrious claims such as your car being able to race 1 fast z's you should run it at the drags on pump gas, not 110. I do not think you have any idea how hard it will be to go from 13.9 to 12.9. It aint like going from 17 to 16, or 16 to 15. that second will be MUCH harder to get.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Not Harder...

Just more EXPENSIVE.

By his own accounting, it took well close to $20K to get into the 13's.

Given his record, 12's is only another $10 or 15K away...

I know some people who have <$20,000 into their vehicle, and have 17+ certified world land speed records to their credit.

Not to cast aspersions, though...

Just pointing out value received for money spent, that's all.

Post Edited (Jul 18, 1:02am)

261 - 272 of 272 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.