ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics to show that good tires and the Z do mix well with snow.

You like those snow banks?

If you look closely you can make out the halfpipe.

And the winter wonder land.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Tell us that at least you had studded snows on the Z!!!

Nice pictures too!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
that's guts driving in that weather

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Falkin Ziex Ze-512's on the back with the Yoko's on the front. The Falkin's are also siped. I never lost traction till I wanted to by using excessive throttle.

The highway was pretty clear except for the last few miles that were slush and snow but I felt very confident on the pass roads with the Falkin's in back. I am changing out the fronts soon as well.

To give you an idea of grip - getting out of the parking space after it snowed all day left a pretty large blanket next to the road. While jockeying it out I actually high centered it a bit but with my friend sitting on the back with the hatch open it crawled it's way over the hump.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. No he was parked there since the entrance to the gas station and pancake house was a little too deep for them to get in.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I'm going up to Baker tomorrrow to drop off Zedx and Bender at a cabin(don't think Bender posts on zcar...) They're skiing Friday, then I'm going up Friday night, and we're snowboarding Saturday.

I'm slightly worried that Baker might be closed... :sniff sniff: 19" of snow in the past 24 hours.... They were in limited operation the other day because of too much snow. They had their best month of snow in history in January. Over 300" of snow. Might break their previous world record of 1,138" this year. Woot!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Snoqualime Pass. You can tell by the second picture (gas station/hotel) third picture (alpental) and fourth picture (snowqualime pass central)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.