ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are new pics of the springs parked on a parking lot, paved one to be exact! The car drove good though, no harsh ride. Oh, you know where you put the key in the ignition? Well I went to put the key in the ignition and noticed a piece was broken so I took it off, and it's all messed up there. Scratches all near it and those weren't there before. All I can think is they messed it up or some punk took it on a drive..Here are the pics.

Post Edited (Aug 1, 1:51pm)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
dang that sux....Hopefully those reporduced SS springs will come around soon so maybe you can get a set of those.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think if I drive around some, that they will adjust and ****?

Yeh, If I knew how to work on cars and had the tools I'd do it myself.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well next year, after I finish my computer courses online. I'm going to a tech school to learn automotive repair. Yeh, I have a feeling this shop doesn't like imports, because I was looking at the posters in the office and all of them were of american muscle cars....I dunno though.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
after you drive it for a while, the springs will sit even lower, not a lot though.
the picture doesn't look bad, thats how my car sits with the tokico kit.

about the ignition, I would go back to the shop and rip the owner a new a$$hole right after I f**K his wife infront of him if I found out someone was taking my car for a f*cking ride while it was in his shop!!!
go back and say something to him, don't just let it go.

Post Edited (Aug 1, 6:04pm)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. Yeh, I'm gonna bitch the owner out or whoever is working on my car, ask them what the **** happend and stuff. I didn't feel like doing it today. After I saw it, I felt so pissed that I knew I shouldn't even confront them about it. Having Schizophrenia and all..yeh I might get over pissed, if you know what I mean because I don't like it when someone treats my "baby" with neglegt (sp).

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
2nd....something is f*%^*ed up.....

did you ever measure the springs unloaded length before they were installed?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, well I'm going to pick up the car soon. I was gonna have the shop do some more work on the car but after I saw the igntion where the key goes. I decided I'll try to work on it myself!!!. After I get my car back, I'll jack it up and take some pics.

No I did not measure the springs unloaded before they were installed, didn't even think of it. If I knew too, I would of.

Post Edited (Aug 1, 4:07pm)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeh, and next year, if I have enough money. I'll be going up to Maine to visit my biological mother and her husband and her husband can teach me some stuff. He use to me a mechanic and also knows body work stuff. He hasn't done it in awhile but he says he still has alot of his tools and knowledge. I can learn alot though trying to fix the car myself. I should be getting my FSM soon too. I allready have a Hayne's manual.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeh I know, I SHOULD OF and I even thought of it on the way there but when I got there, I forgot all about it. I'm going to from now on though!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL Yup. I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago. I'm like well I don't have to worry about the rear camber problem anymore HAHA!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I could be wrong but the front end looks way to low rather than the back end being way too high. Perhaps they didn't do the install right. And yes definetly go back to talk to them about the ignition problem

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I dunno but they said they installed it correctly. I highly doubt though now! If I can't fix it, I'll take it back the shop I use to go to. I stopped going to the last shop I went to because I would take a car in to inspected and the owner would say if I should keep it or not and stuff and what I should do. It was nice of him to do more then just an inspection but I got annoyed. The guy I use to go to is nice, he helped me with my focus, installed my ported cylinder head, camshafts, adj. cam gears, ect. He actually knows what he is doing.

Post Edited (Aug 2, 7:31am)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.